Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Eagles Predictions and Betting Tips
🏈 AFL Round 23 Match Preview
⏰ 20 August 2023 - 13:10 AEST
🏟 Stadium - Marvel Stadium
AFL supporters are set for an entertaining clash on Sunday 20 August when the Western Bulldogs take on the West Coast Eagles at 13:10 AEST.
The match at Marvel Stadium promises to excite footy fans. To get you prepared for the action, AusBetSites will provide the latest betting odds from 37 markets across 3 top Australian betting sites. The Bulldogs go in as favourites, with bookies placing them at $1.01 to claim victory over the Eagles on their home deck.
After falling to Hawthorn last round, the Western Bulldogs will look to bounce back against the winless West Coast Eagles. The Dogs have a golden chance to hold 8th spot against the bottom-placed Eagles.
West Coast was woeful once again last week, going down to Fremantle by 101 points in the Dockers' biggest ever derby win. The Eagles conceded 17 straight goals in a dismal display that marked their fifth 100+ point thrashing this season.
The Dogs lose Tom Liberatore to concussion but have ample midfield depth including Brownlow fancy Marcus Bontempelli. Forwards like Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman and Jamarra Ugle-Hagan should feast on the Eagles' porous defense.
With the Eagles having shown no signs of improvement in 2022, the Bulldogs have an ideal opportunity to return to form and keep their lowly opponents anchored to the foot of the ladder.
Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Eagles Head-to-Head
The recent head-to-head record makes clear that the West Coast Eagles have had the wood over the Western Bulldogs. In their last 3 matchups over the past 3 seasons, the Eagles have won all 3 games against the Bulldogs. West Coast has proven extremely difficult for the Dogs to overcome during this period. The Eagles will look to continue this complete dominance over the Bulldogs when they meet again on Sunday. Meanwhile, the Dogs are still searching for a way to break their long losing streak against their interstate rivals. Playing at Marvel Stadium, the Bulldogs will be hungry to finally snap their winless run versus West Coast and gain a much-needed victory.
Western Bulldogs Performance
🟥🟩🟥🟩🟥 The Western Bulldogs come into this matchup with mixed form over the past month. The Dogs have won 2 of their last 5 games, but also suffered 3 losses during that stretch. While the Bulldogs have shown promising signs, they have struggled for consistency across four quarters. Their midfield has been solid, but converting in attack remains an issue. Playing at Marvel Stadium, the Dogs will look to put together a complete performance against the Eagles. A win over West Coast would get their stuttering season back on track.
West Coast Eagles Performance
🟥🟥🟩🟥🟥 It has been a lean month for the West Coast Eagles, with just 1 win from their last 5 games alongside 4 defeats. Injuries have hampered the Eagles, and their young team has lacked cohesion. Strong individual performances haven't translated into team success for West Coast. However, the Eagles will see this trip to Marvel Stadium as a good opportunity to rediscover their best football. While the Bulldogs may start as favorites, the Eagles have the talent to cause an upset if they can piece together an impressive four-quarter effort.
📋 Players to watch:
- Andrew Gaff has recorded 20+ disposals in 4 of his last 5 games.
- Adam Treloar has tallied 25+ disposals in 5 of his last 6 matches.
- Marcus Bontempelli has registered 25+ disposals in 8 of his past 9 games.
- Tim Kelly has racked up 25+ disposals in 14 of his last 15 matches.
- Aaron Naughton has kicked 11 goals in his last 4 games against West Coast.
- Marcus Bontempelli has kicked 8 goals in his last 4 matches versus the Eagles.
These stats highlight some in-form distributors who should find plenty of the ball. Meanwhile, Naughton and Bontempelli have strong recent goalkicking records against West Coast. With the Eagles often overmatched this season, the Western Bulldogs' array of talent should power them to a comfortable win.
⚡ Match Facts:
- The Bulldogs have won their past 4 matches against West Coast by an average of 78 points over the last 2.
- The Eagles sit 18th on the ladder with just 2 wins this AFL season, while the Bulldogs are 8th with 11 victories.
- The Western Bulldogs rank 7th for total disposals this year, with the Eagles down in 14th.
These points demonstrate the Bulldogs' total dominance of the lowly Eagles in recent seasons. West Coast's disastrous 2022 sees them anchored to the bottom while injuries have hampered their ball movement. With the Eagles often overmatched, the Bulldogs' class should power them to a statement win as they look to solidify a finals spot.
💡 Match Prediction:
The forecast and odds point to a crushing win for the Bulldogs playing at home against the struggling Eagles. Predicting 28 goals reflects the Bulldogs' strong scoring power, especially playing in familiar conditions. Meanwhile, the Eagles may find it difficult to hit double digit goals away from home. The 131-point thumping fits with the prediction of the Bulldogs winning by a massive 73+ point margin. This projected scoreline underscores the expectation that the Eagles will be no match for the Bulldogs, who should record a comfortable and dominant victory.
The Western Bulldogs are overwhelmingly favored to beat the West Coast Eagles at Marvel Stadium this Sunday. The Bulldogs have been given a huge 96.8% chance of winning, with the Eagles way back at just 3.2%. The fair odds also indicate the Bulldogs as nearly unbackable favorites at $1.03, while the Eagles are distant outsiders at $31.10.
Given the Eagles' poor recent form and the Bulldogs' home-ground advantage, the forecast predicts the Dogs will claim victory by a massive 73 points or more. West Coast's young team is likely to struggle against the mature Bulldogs lineup. The Eagles would need to produce a miraculous performance to even stay competitive against a Bulldogs outfit expected to overpower them.
Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Eagles: Bulldogs 28.18 (186) - Eagles 8.7 (55)
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >