Sydney Swans vs Geelong Cats Predictions and Betting Tips
🏈 AFL Round 16 Match Preview
⏰ 30 June 2023 - 19:50 AEST
🏟 Stadium - SCG Stadium
Sydney is set to face Geelong for the second time this season, and it will be intriguing to observe the Swans' performance, considering their recent form from Round 15. The memories of the 2022 Grand Final defeat could also play a role in the upcoming match. In Round 15, the Swans delivered a dominant performance, demolishing West Coast by a staggering 171 points. This achievement marked the first time since 2011, when Geelong achieved a similar feat, that a team surpassed the 200-point mark. Sydney amassed an impressive total of 205 points against the struggling Eagles, which stands as their second-highest score ever. Isaac Heeney led the goal-scoring charge with five goals, while Logan McDonald and Joel Amarty contributed with four goals each. However, the Swans will need to overcome the lingering effects of last year's Grand Final defeat, where they suffered an 81-point loss to the Cats in September 2022. The two teams met earlier this season in Geelong, and it was the Cats who emerged victorious with a 93-point margin.
|Bookie||Home Win||Away Win||Take Action|
|@ 1.95||@ 1.85||BET NOW|
|@ 1.90||@ 1.90||BET NOW|
|@ 1.94||@ 1.83||BET NOW|
Geelong's performance this season has not reached the heights of the previous year, but they are expected to intensify their efforts as the season approaches its crucial stages. In Round 15, the reigning premiers secured a 15-point victory over Melbourne, despite the early loss of key forward Jeremy Cameron due to concussion. Former Swan Gary Rohan stepped up in Cameron's absence, contributing three goals, while Brad Close made an impact with 24 disposals. Tanner Bruhn also showcased his skills with 19 disposals and two goals.
Sydney Swans Performance
The Sydney Swans have had a mixed season so far, experiencing more defeats than victories with just six wins out of 14 games. They recently endured a two-game losing streak against the St Kilda Saints and Brisbane Lions, which followed a two-game winning streak. This raised questions about the team's performance. However, they responded to these doubts with a remarkable 205-34 victory over the struggling West Coast Eagles. Although the Eagles have struggled this season, winning just one out of their 14 games, the Swans' ability to score over 200 points against any team is an impressive accomplishment and a testament to their current form.
Geelong Cats Performance
The Geelong Cats suffered a comprehensive 110-72 defeat against the Port Adelaide Power in mid-June, marking their seventh loss of the season. However, they bounced back strongly with a 78-63 win over the Melbourne Demons, keeping their hopes of securing a finals berth alive. It is worth noting that the Cats have only managed two wins in their seven away games this season, adding an element of uncertainty to their performance against the Swans.
📋 Players to watch:
- Brad Close has been a scoring threat against Sydney, having kicked 10 goals in his last four games when facing them.
- Chad Warner has displayed consistent performances in terms of disposals, recording 25 or more disposals in six out of his last eight games. In one of the games, he had 24 disposals.
- Mitch Duncan has averaged 22 disposals in his last four games against Sydney, showcasing his involvement in the midfield.
- Logan McDonald, a promising young player, has kicked 20 goals in his 10 games this season, highlighting his ability to find scoring opportunities.
- Tom Stewart has been consistent in terms of disposals, achieving 20 or more disposals in 10 out of his last 12 games. He has been a reliable contributor to his team's ball movement.
- Isaac Heeney has been a prolific goal scorer against the Cats, having booted seven goals in his last four games when facing them. He will be someone to watch for his impact in front of goal.
⚡ Match Facts:
- Sydney has emerged victorious in the last two encounters between the two teams at the SCG, indicating a favourable home-ground advantage for the Swans.
- Geelong is known for its style of play that focuses on controlling possession, and they currently rank 15th in terms of total disposals in the 2023 season. In contrast, Sydney holds the 11th position in the same category.
- Geelong has a win-loss record of 7-7, while Sydney has won six games and lost eight so far this season. Both teams are aiming to improve their standing in the competition.
- The Cats hold the top ranking for goals scored in the competition, highlighting their offensive prowess. On the other hand, Sydney ranks 6th in terms of goals scored, showcasing their ability to find the back of the net.
- Geelong has emerged victorious in the last two meetings against Sydney, with an average margin of 87 points. This indicates Geelong's dominant performances in those matches.
💡 Match Prediction:
Based on recent form and the Swans' impressive performance against the Eagles, it would be reasonable to predict that the Swans will carry their momentum into the match and narrowly defeat the Cats.
|Bookie||Home Win||Match Line||Away Win||Take Action|
+1.5 / -1.5
|@ 1.90||BET NOW|
+1.5 / -1.5
|@ 1.95||BET NOW|
|@ Soon||@ Soon||BET NOW|
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >