Penrith Panthers vs Cronulla Sharks Predictions and Betting Tips
🏈 NRL Round 22 Match Preview
⏰ 29 July 2023 - 19:35 AEST
🏟 Stadium - BlueBet Stadium
Penrith Panthers vs Cronulla Sharks, promising to captivate all Rugby League fans. This exhilarating match is scheduled to take place on 29th July 2023, commencing at 19:35 AEST.
According to the latest betting odds from new bookmakers, the Penrith Panthers are the clear favourites to emerge victorious with odds set at 1.13. As anticipation builds for this thrilling clash, fans can expect a display of skill, determination, and passion from both teams.
Amidst mounting pressure, the Sharks find themselves facing yet another arduous challenge as they journey to the base of the mountains to confront the two-time reigning premiers, Penrith, on a Saturday night.
Cronulla's predicament has worsened due to consecutive defeats against the Warriors and Sea Eagles, where they conceded a staggering 74 points, leaving their defence in shambles. Since their premature exit from the finals in the previous season, the Sharks have been grappling with defensive frailties, especially against top-eight teams in 2023.
Not too long ago, they faced a crushing 54-point loss against the Storm, highlighting significant issues within the Cronulla squad, and their overreliance on Nicho Hynes is evident. In stark contrast, the Panthers continue to soar towards a potential three-peat premiership, sitting comfortably atop the league table with an impressive record of nine victories in their last ten games. Their sole loss came in a golden point against the Cowboys while missing their Origin players.
Penrith operates like a well-oiled machine, displaying remarkable structure and cohesiveness, with Nathan Cleary's triumphant return from injury adding to their dominance as they clinched a commanding 44-18 victory over Canterbury last week.
Penrith Panthers vs Cronulla Sharks Head-to-Head
Over the past eight years, the Penrith Panthers (PEN) and the Cronulla Sharks (CRO) have engaged in a total of 13 intense battles on the Rugby League field. During this period, the Cronulla Sharks have asserted their dominance, securing victory in 8 of these encounters. On the other hand, the Penrith Panthers have managed to clinch 5 wins, displaying their competitive spirit and determination to challenge their opponents.
Penrith Panthers Performance
🟥🟩🟩🟩🟩 Penrith Panthers are undoubtedly in high spirits and eager to continue their winning streak. As they gear up for their upcoming fixtures, the team's form and determination will undoubtedly make them a challenging opponent for any team they face. Fans can look forward to witnessing the Penrith Panthers in action, as they strive to maintain their winning momentum and make their mark in the world of Rugby League.
Cronulla Sharks Performance
🟥🟥🟩🟩🟩 In their most recent five matches, the Cronulla Sharks have showcased a commendable display of Rugby League skills, securing three impressive victories. However, they also faced setbacks in two matches, resulting in losses. Despite the challenges, the Sharks have proven their ability to come out on top and display their competitiveness on the field.
📋 Players to watch:
- Ronaldo Mulitalo has been on a remarkable try-scoring spree, notching up an impressive 17 tries in his last 16 games.
- Brian To'o has been a force to reckon with at BlueBet Stadium, scoring a try in each of his last five games at that venue.
- Stephen Crichton has been consistent in finding the try-line, as he has managed to score a try in each of his last three games.
- Tyrone Peachey's performances at BlueBet Stadium have been nothing short of exceptional, with him tallying up six tries in his last three games at that venue.
⚡ Match Facts:
- Panthers have showcased their dominance by securing victory in five out of the last six meetings between the two teams.
- On the other hand, the Sharks have struggled to find success at BlueBet Stadium since 2018, failing to secure a win at that venue in recent times.
- Moreover, the Sharks have faced difficulties when pitted against teams ranked above them on the ladder throughout the entire season, without managing to secure a victory.
- The Panthers, on the contrary, have been on an impressive winning streak, triumphing in nine out of their last ten games.
- When it comes to head-to-head encounters between the Panthers and Sharks, the Panthers have displayed their superiority, as three of their last four wins over the Sharks were achieved with significant margins, winning by 13 points or more.
- Both teams have been involved in high-scoring matches recently. The Sharks have witnessed a staggering average of 58 points in their last six games, with 48 or more points being scored in each of those matches.
- Similarly, the Panthers have experienced high-scoring affairs, with two of their last three games witnessing 50 or more points on the scoreboard.
💡 Match Prediction:
As the Penrith Panthers prepare to take on the Cronulla Sharks in an upcoming NRL clash, the predictions point towards an intriguing contest. The probabilities favour the Panthers with a 72.9% chance of securing victory, while the Sharks stand at 27.1%.
In terms of fair odds, bookmakers suggest that a wager on the Penrith Panthers could yield a return of $1.13, while a bet on the Cronulla Sharks could fetch $6.10. These odds closely align with the estimated probabilities, indicating the Panthers' favouritism. The forecast for the match leans towards the Penrith Panthers, who are projected to claim victory by a margin of 12 points.
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >