New Zealand vs Namibia Prediction and Betting Tips
🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview
⏰ 15 September 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1
⏰ 16 September 2023 - 5:00 AEST
🏟 Stadium - Stadium Municipal (Toulouse)
The All Blacks have been making unwanted history lately, suffering their first home series loss to Ireland in 2022 and biggest ever defeat to South Africa before losing a Rugby World Cup pool match for the first time against France.
Coach Ian Foster was frustrated by the loss but noted undefeated pools don't win World Cups, pointing to the 2019 champions South Africa losing to New Zealand in the group stage. Jordie Barrett wants to learn from past mistakes, admitting the All Blacks didn't adapt as well as France to the heat and humidity while their kicking game was neutralised.
Against minnows Namibia, New Zealand will likely have more time and space to control the game as they want and rack up a big score after losing to France. They've scored 40+ points against Tier 2 sides at the last two World Cups, including wins over 90 against Tonga and USA since 2019.
Namibia's last two World Cup losses to the All Blacks were 71-9 in 2019 and 58-14 in 2015. Based on losing to Italy, it's hard to see them getting within 50 points of New Zealand. Although they fought back after Torsten van Jaarsveld's yellow card against Italy, tiring in the second half has been an issue at recent World Cups.
The All Blacks have made nine changes, including new wingers Leicester Fainga'anuku and Caleb Clarke. 22-year-old Cam Roigard will make his first test start after an impressive Super Rugby season. Namibia made four changes, including rare starts for prop Jason Benade and back rower Prince Gaoseb.
📋 Players to watch:
- Starting All Blacks fly half Damian McKenzie has scored tries in New Zealand's last two games against Tier 2 sides.
- Namibian flanker Wian Conradie has scored in recent games against Uruguay and Argentina A.
⚡ Match Facts:
- This is the third Rugby World Cup meeting between the teams. New Zealand won 58-14 in 2015 and 71-9 in 2019.
- New Zealand lost a Rugby World Cup pool match for the first time ever against France last week.
- Namibia conceded 14 points while down to 14 men against Italy after a yellow card to Torsten van Jaarsveld.
- New Zealand have scored 40+ points against Tier 2 opposition in their last 6 Rugby World Cup matches.
- Damian McKenzie has scored tries for New Zealand in their previous two tests against Tier 2 teams.
- Namibia's Wian Conradie scored tries in recent matches against Uruguay and Argentina A.
- New Zealand have made 9 changes to their starting lineup following the loss to France.
- 22-year-old Cam Roigard will make his first test start for the All Blacks.
- Namibia have made 4 changes including rare starts for Jason Benade and Prince Gaoseb.
- The second half has been New Zealand's highest scoring in 6 of their last 7 matches.
|BET ON UNIBET|
|BET ON PLAYUP|
|BET ON PICKLEBET|
💡 Match Prediction:
New Zealand by 60. The All Blacks will run riot against the tiring Namibians to restore confidence after losing to France.
Match Result - New Zealand at 1.01
Point Spread - New Zealand -44.5
Total Points - Over 61.5
The All Blacks will be focused on a huge win and have too much quality across the park for Namibia to handle. Expect plenty of tries in the second half especially to push the total over 61.5 points.
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >