Hawthorn Hawks vs Collingwood Magpies Predictions and Betting Tips
🏈 AFL Round 21 Match Preview
⏰ 5 August 2023 - 16:35 AEST
🏟 Stadium - Melbourne Cricket Ground
Get ready for an exciting AFL game as the Hawthorn Hawks gear up to host the Collingwood Magpies! This match is sure to captivate all Aussie Rules fans. The event is scheduled to take place on 5th August 2023 at 16:35 AEST.
Check out AusBetSites for the latest betting odds on the Hawthorn Hawks and Collingwood Magpies from a whopping 3 Aussie bookies, offering 36 markets to choose from. As it stands, bookmakers have placed Collingwood Magpies as the favorites to win the game with odds at 1.1.
In Saturday's twilight action at the MCG, 16th placed Hawthorn will face the ladder leaders, Collingwood. The Magpies will be eager to bounce back after suffering only their third loss of the season to Carlton last weekend, where they were outplayed in the midfield and struggled with turnovers, allowing Charlie Curnow to score six goals.
Hawthorn, with five wins this season, has shown promise at various points. However, they are coming off a 29-point loss to St Kilda, conceding nine goals in the first quarter. To stand a chance against Collingwood, they must prevent the Magpies from gaining momentum in the game.
Key players for Hawthorn include Mitchell Lewis and Luke Breust, with Breust coming off an outstanding performance, equaling his career-high of six goals.
Collingwood's midfield, led by Nick Daicos, Josh Daicos, and Jordan De Goey, will be a significant threat that Hawthorn needs to contain. Additionally, Tom Mitchell, the 2018 Brownlow Medalist, will face his former team for the first time, and it's likely he will be motivated to secure a victory for his current side.
Overall, it promises to be an exciting matchup, with both teams looking to assert themselves and secure a win.
Hawthorn Hawks vs Collingwood Magpies Head-to-Head
Here is the head-to-head comparison between the Hawthorn Hawks and the Collingwood Magpies:
In the last 3 years, Hawthorn Hawks have played a total of 3 matches against Collingwood Magpies. Out of these, Hawthorn Hawks secured one victory, while Collingwood Magpies emerged victorious in two matches.
Hawthorn Hawks Performance
🟥🟥🟩🟥🟥 Over the course of their last five games, the Hawthorn Hawks' performance has been rather disappointing, experiencing a series of four unfortunate losses, coupled with just one victorious outcome. This streak of defeats has undoubtedly posed challenges for the team, and it underscores the importance of strategizing and regrouping to reclaim their competitive edge and strive for better results in their upcoming matches.
Collingwood Magpies Performance
🟥🟩🟩🟩🟩 In the past five games, the Collingwood Magpies have showcased an impressive performance, securing victories in four of those matches and facing only one defeat. What's even more remarkable is their streak of consecutive wins, displaying their team's consistency and determination on the field. This commendable form not only reflects the talent and skills of the players but also speaks volumes about the effective strategies and teamwork employed by the Collingwood Magpies. As they continue to ride the wave of success, their fans and supporters can't help but feel excitement and anticipation for the team's future endeavours, hoping they maintain their winning momentum and achieve even greater triumphs in the upcoming games.
📋 Players to watch:
- Nick Daicos has been consistently impressive, averaging an outstanding 33 disposals per game. On the other hand, Josh Daicos, in his last six matches, is just shy of Nick's numbers, with an average of nearly 28 disposals.
- Shifting our focus to James Sicily, we find that he has been quite active in his past three matches against Collingwood, maintaining an average of 27 disposals. This demonstrates his consistency and ability to contribute significantly to the team.
- When considering James Worpel's performances, it's evident that he is a dominant force on the field. In an impressive 11 out of his last 13 matches, he has managed to secure 25+ disposals. The only two matches that deviated from this trend still saw him closely trailing with 24 disposals.
- Mitch Lewis has been a goal-scoring machine against the Pies, netting seven goals in his past three games. Furthermore, he has achieved the feat of scoring 2+ goals in nine out of his last 10 matches, showcasing his prowess in front of the goalposts.
- Lastly, let's talk about Brody Mihocek, who has been quite effective against Hawthorn. In his four appearances against them, he has impressively kicked eight goals, illustrating his ability to capitalize on opportunities.
⚡ Match Facts:
- In the 2023 season, Hawthorn has managed to secure five wins out of 18 matches, while Collingwood has been in exceptional form, winning 16 out of 19 matches.
- When it comes to scoring, Collingwood holds an impressive 3rd rank, showcasing their attacking prowess, while Hawthorn sits at the 16th position in this category.
- In terms of disposals, Hawthorn has been highly efficient and ranks 2nd overall. On the other hand, Collingwood holds the 7th position, indicating their proficiency in maintaining possession of the ball.
- In their recent head-to-head encounters, Collingwood has had the upper hand, winning two of their past three matches against Hawthorn.
- These statistics paint a clear picture of the team's performances so far, with Collingwood excelling in scoring and Hawthorn displaying excellent ball control. Their upcoming match promises to be an intriguing clash between two teams with contrasting strengths.
💡 Match Prediction:
Here are the predictions for the upcoming match between Hawthorn and Collingwood:
Based on the probability analysis, Hawthorn is expected to have an 18.4% chance of winning, while Collingwood is the clear favourite with a higher probability of 81.6% to secure the victory. In terms of fair odds, a bet on Hawthorn would yield $5.00 for every dollar wagered, while betting on Collingwood would only return $1.17 for each dollar bet. As per the forecast, Collingwood is anticipated to dominate the game with a predicted winning margin of 36 points.
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >