Hawthorn Hawks vs Carlton Blues Predictions and Betting Tips
🏈 AFL Round 16 Match Preview
⏰ 2 July 2023 - 13:10 AEST
🏟 Stadium - GABBA Stadium
In the Round 16 clash, the 15th-placed Carlton Blues will face off against the 16th-placed Hawthorn Hawks. Carlton currently holds a slight advantage over Hawthorn in the ladder standings due to an extra win. Prior to their bye in Round 15, the Blues ended a six-game losing streak with a commanding 59-point victory over the Gold Coast Suns in Round 14.
Under the leadership of coach Sam Mitchell, Hawthorn will aim to bounce back from their loss to the Suns. They had previously won three out of their last four matches before the bye. However, like many teams, they struggled in their Round 15 game following the bye, becoming the 10th out of 12 teams to suffer a defeat. Now it's Carlton's turn to see how they perform after enjoying a week off. This match presents a challenge in terms of prediction, and while Carlton's recent game suggests they have the upper hand, Hawthorn has shown promise and their young team should be more competitive at the MCG.
|Bookie||Home Win||Away Win||Take Action|
|@ 3.20||@ 1.35||BET NOW|
|@ 3.15||@ 1.37||BET NOW|
|@ 3.15||@ 1.34||BET NOW|
In their last match, Carlton achieved a convincing victory, largely thanks to a nine-goal second quarter. Captain Patrick Cripps led the way with 27 disposals and three goals, while Harry McKay also contributed with three majors. Other notable contributors in terms of disposals were Sam Docherty with 32 and Sam Walsh with 29.
On the other hand, the absence of their captain James Sicily, who is serving a three-match suspension, seemed to have a significant impact on Hawthorn. Blake Hardwick was one of the few bright spots for the team, accumulating 38 disposals. However, some of the problematic patterns that have plagued the Hawks throughout the 2023 season resurfaced. Despite starting strong and kicking the first three goals in their Round 15 game against the Gold Coast, Hawthorn struggled thereafter, managing to add only two more goals to their tally, resulting in a 67-point defeat.
Hawthorn Hawks Performance
As they have demonstrated throughout the season, Hawthorn started strongly against the Suns by kicking three goals without reply. However, when the momentum shifted in favor of Gold Coast, the Hawks struggled to respond and ultimately suffered a 67-point defeat.
Carlton Blues Performance
Although Carlton's chances of making the finals may be slim, they have a reasonable opportunity to win this game if they maintain their attacking game plan that led to them kicking 18 goals in their previous match. With confidence and refreshed players, the Blues have a good chance of securing a victory.
📋 Players to watch:
- Adam Cerra has been performing well in recent weeks, averaging just over 29 disposals in the past three rounds.
- Will Day has been consistent in his disposals, achieving 25 or more in six of his past eight games, and falling just short with 24 in another.
- Seamus Mitchell has maintained an average of 22 disposals per game over the last five rounds.
- Sam Docherty has been productive in his past seven matches, achieving 25 or more disposals in each of them.
- James Worpel has demonstrated his consistency by reaching 25 or more disposals in six of his past seven games, with 24 disposals in the remaining match.
- Mitch Lewis has been in a scoring spree, booting 18 goals in his past five matches.
- Harry McKay has also been finding the goals, scoring seven times in his past three matches.
⚡ Match Facts:
- Hawthorn is currently ranked 2nd in the competition for total disposals, while Carlton holds the 4th position in this category.
- In their recent encounters, Carlton has emerged victorious in the past two games against Hawthorn. Notably, both of these wins occurred at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
- In terms of ladder standings, Carlton is positioned 15th, while Hawthorn is just one spot behind in 16th place.
- When it comes to goals scored this season, Carlton is ranked 15th, while Hawthorn sits slightly lower at 17th.
💡 Match Prediction:
Based on the probabilities, Hawthorn has a 33.4% chance of winning the match, while Carlton has a 66.6% chance. The fair odds estimate Hawthorn's odds at $3.00, while Carlton's odds are estimated at $1.50. The forecast predicts that Carlton will win the game by 17 points.
|Bookie||Home Win||Match Line||Away Win||Take Action|
+18.5 / -18.5
|@ 1.90||BET NOW|
+18.5 / -18.5
|@ 1.90||BET NOW|
+18.5 / -18.5
|@ 1.88||BET NOW|
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >