GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans Predictions and Betting Tips
🏈 AFL Round 21 Match Preview
⏰ 5 August 2023 - 19:30 AEST
🏟 Stadium - Giants Stadium
On 5th August 2023 at 19:30 AEST, all Aussie Rules footy fans will have their eyes fixed on an exhilarating AFL game as the GWS Giants host the Sydney Swans. This highly anticipated event is sure to captivate the audience with thrilling moments and intense competition.
According to AusBetSites, the betting odds from 3 betting sites across 36 markets favour the GWS Giants to come out victorious. As of now, bookmakers place the GWS Giants as the favourites to win the game, offering odds of 1.61.
In a thrilling match at Ballarat, GWS managed to overturn the Western Bulldogs, securing a narrow four-point victory. Toby Greene's superb performance led to him scoring five crucial goals in this hard-fought win.
Meanwhile, Sydney successfully held off a late surge from Essendon, securing a tight two-point victory. Despite leading by 37 points at one stage, the Swans seemed to lose momentum, but a late Tom Papley goal from beyond the 50m mark halted Essendon's momentum.
The upcoming game holds significant stakes, extending beyond mere local bragging rights. Currently, GWS stands 5th on the ladder, enjoying a seven-game winning streak, and virtually securing a spot in the September playoffs. Sydney, positioned at 10th on the ladder, is just half a game behind the 8th placed Western Bulldogs, keeping their hopes alive for a spot in the playoffs.
However, the Swans will face challenges as they have to play without their champion, Lance Franklin, who recently retired due to a calf injury sustained against Essendon. Additionally, there are doubts about Dane Rampe's availability. Key players for the Swans include Errol Gulden and Chad Warner, while Jake Lloyd and Nick Blakey will be instrumental in repelling the Giants from the backline.
Considering the midfield strength of the Giants, they seem to have a greater firepower advantage in this match. Toby Greene's commanding presence in the forward line poses a significant threat, while defenders like Sam Taylor and Jack Buckley are expected to put up a strong resistance against the Swans' attempts to score a winning goal.
GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans Head-to-Head
Over the course of the last three years, the GWS Giants and Sydney Swans have clashed six times in some intense AFL battles. The head-to-head record stands at three wins apiece, showcasing the level of competitiveness between these two teams.
- 29th April 2023 - AFL: Sydney Swans 106, GWS Giants 107
- 30th July 2022 - AFL: Sydney Swans 112, GWS Giants 39
- 19th March 2022 - AFL: GWS Giants 92, Sydney Swans 112
- 28th August 2021 - AFL: Sydney Swans 73, GWS Giants 74
- 18th July 2021 - AFL: GWS Giants 72, Sydney Swans 98
- 17th April 2021 - AFL: Sydney Swans 69, GWS Giants 71
GWS Giants Performance
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 In their last five matches, the GWS Giants have been in exceptional form, securing victory in all of them, one after the other. Their impressive winning streak demonstrates their skill, determination, and ability to outperform their opponents on the field.
Sydney Swans Performance
🟥🟥🟥🟩🟩 Over the past five games, the Sydney Swans have showcased their prowess with three impressive victories in a row, experiencing a single unfortunate loss, and ending with an exciting draw. The team's performance has been nothing short of captivating, leaving fans on the edge of their seats with their unpredictable and bursty style of play.
📋 Players to watch:
- Stephen Coniglio has been in fantastic form, achieving 25+ disposals in six of his last seven matches, and in the remaining match, he managed 23 disposals.
- Josh Kelly has maintained an impressive average of 27 disposals per game throughout this season, and he has kept up that level in his past four games against the Swans.
- Errol Gulden has been showcasing his talent, averaging 29 disposals over the past seven rounds.
- Isaac Heeney has been a scoring machine against the Giants, booting 10 goals in his last four games against them.
- Toby Greene has also been prolific in front of the goal, scoring nine goals in his past three games against the Swans. Moreover, in the last three rounds, he has managed to kick an impressive total of 11 goals.
⚡ Match Facts:
- The Sydney Swans have been in great form lately, winning their last three matches. On the other hand, the Greater Western Sydney Giants currently hold the 6th position on the ladder, with a win-loss record of 11-8. Sydney, with a record of 9-9 and a draw, is sitting at 10th place.
- When it comes to head-to-head matches, Sydney has had the upper hand against the Giants, winning two of their last three encounters. However, GWS has managed to secure their victories against the Swans by a narrow margin, with their last two wins being by just a single point.
- The two teams have faced each other six times at Giants Stadium, and the results are evenly balanced with both sides claiming three wins each. This creates an exciting and competitive atmosphere for their upcoming clash.
💡 Match Prediction:
The upcoming match between GW Sydney and Sydney promises to be an exhilarating contest. Based on the probabilities, GW Sydney has a 48.8% chance of emerging victorious, while Sydney has a slightly higher probability at 51.2%. If we were to convert these probabilities into fair odds, GW Sydney's odds would be $2.05, and Sydney's odds would be $1.77.
The forecast for the game suggests that it will be an intense battle, with Sydney clinching the victory, but only by a slim margin of one point.
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >