France vs Namibia Prediction and Betting Tips
🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview
⏰ 21 September 2023 - 23:00 GMT +1
⏰ 22 September 2023 - 05:00 AEST
🏟 Stadium - Stade Vélodrome (Marseille)
France will host Namibia in Marseille as they continue their Rugby World Cup campaign. The French opened the tournament with a stunning 27-13 win over New Zealand but were less convincing in a 27-12 victory over Uruguay.
With two pool games remaining, Les Bleus will be aiming to rack up a big score and secure a bonus point against the Namibians. Currently on a 16-game home winning streak, confidence is high that France can overwhelm their opponents.
Coach Fabien Galthié has rotated his squad, bringing back regular starters after resting them last match. Scrumhalf Antoine Dupont returns as captain, while prop Cyril Baille and centre Jonathan Danty are back from injury.
Namibia has suffered two heavy defeats so far, losing 52-8 to Italy and 71-3 against New Zealand in wet conditions. Their best chance of a first ever Rugby World Cup win will likely come against Uruguay.
In preparation, coach Allister Coetzee has made nine changes to give his full squad an opportunity. But with just one RWC win in 24 attempts, Namibia faces an extremely difficult task of upsetting the French.
All eyes will be on French winger Damian Penaud, who has scored eight tries in his last five Tests. Meanwhile, JC Greyling could become the first Namibian with three World Cup tries.
But the French backline is full of threats and will look to blow out an undermanned Namibian team playing its third RWC match in France.
📋 Players to watch:
- Antoine Dupont (scrumhalf) - Returns as captain after being rested last match. Dangerous around the ruck.
- Damian Penaud (wing) - Prolific try-scorer who will look to add to his 8 tries in last 5 Tests.
- Romain Ntamack (flyhalf) - Creative playmaker who will look to unleash France's dangerous backline.
- Cyril Baille (prop) - Returns from injury and brings power to the scrum and breakdown.
- Charles Ollivon (flanker) - Dynamic loose forward with strong ball carrying ability.
- Johan Tromp (flyhalf) - Leader who will look to provide direction in attack from pivot.
- JC Greyling (wing) - Pacy winger hunting a historic third Rugby World Cup try.
- Lesley Klim (centre) - Veteran midfielder who provides defensive organization.
- Thomasau Forbes (no. 8) - Strong ball runner who will lead from the back of the scrum.
- Eugene Jantjies (hooker) - Lineout thrower who needs to find his jumpers consistently.
⚡ Match Facts:
- This is the third Rugby World Cup meeting between France and Namibia. France won 47-13 in 1999 and 87-10 in 2007.
- France is currently on a 16-game home winning streak and has won 22 of its last 24 matches overall.
- Namibia has never won a Rugby World Cup match, with just one draw in 24 attempts. Their best chance this year is likely against Uruguay.
- France opened the tournament with an impressive 27-13 win over New Zealand but only beat Uruguay 27-12 last match.
- Namibia lost heavily to Italy (52-8) and New Zealand (71-3) in their first two pool games.
- French winger Damian Penaud has scored 8 tries in his last 5 Tests and will look to add to that tally.
- Namibian winger JC Greyling could become the first Namibian with 3 Rugby World Cup tries.
- France has rotated their squad, bringing back regular starters like scrumhalf Antoine Dupont who returns as captain.
- Namibia coach Allister Coetzee has made 9 changes to give his full squad an opportunity against the French.
- A backline player has scored first for France in 9 of their last 10 matches.
💡 Match Prediction:
France should win very comfortably against Namibia. Les Bleus looked sharp in their RWC wins over New Zealand and Uruguay, while Namibia has been outclassed by Italy and the All Blacks.
Previous RWC meetings also heavily favor France, with big wins over Namibia in 1999 and 2007.
Expect France to run rampant and win by 50+ points.
Prediction: France by 55.
Handicap: France -41.5 looks safe. France should cover this huge line easily.
Moneyline: No value with France at extremely short odds around 1.01.
Totals: Take the over 66.5 points. France can likely score 50+ themselves.
First Try Scorer: Back Damian Penaud at good odds to open the scoring for France.
This should be a total mismatch with the French having far too much firepower. Back them to cover a huge handicap and the game to easily go over 66.5 points. Penaud can grab the first of likely many French tries.
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >