Betting Sites Australia
05 Jul 2023 / admin

Illawarra Dragons vs Canberra Raiders Predictions and Betting Tips

🏈 NRL Round 19 Match Preview

⏰ 7 July 2023 - 20:00 AEST

🏟 Stadium - WIN Stadium Stadium

In a highly anticipated NRL matchup, the St. George Illawarra Dragons will host the Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium. This game is set to captivate Rugby League fans as both teams strive for victory. The match is scheduled to take place on the 7th of July, 2023.

The Canberra Raiders enter this contest aiming for their third consecutive win. Despite a challenging start to the season, they have found their stride and are just two points shy of sharing the top spot in the competition. With upcoming games against teams positioned outside the top eight, the Raiders have a golden opportunity to secure a spot in the top four. While their victories this season have come by relatively narrow margins (all 10 wins have been by a 1-12 margin), the Raiders excel in grinding out hard-fought triumphs under the guidance of coach Ricky Stuart.

Bookie Home Win Away Win Take Action
@ 3.85 @ 1.26 BET NOW
@ 3.90 @ 1.26 BET NOW
@ 4.00 @ 1.23 BET NOW

What’s gambling really costing you? Call for gambling help on 1800 858 858 For online support please visit:

Meanwhile, the Dragons find themselves in a state of disarray. The team has been plagued by issues for some time now, and 2023 has been no different. Currently, they sit above the bottom of the ladder only due to the North Queensland Cowboys' dominant 74-0 win over the Wests Tigers in the previous round. Since their Round 16 bye, the Dragons have conceded a staggering 100 points, suffering defeats of 48-18 against the Warriors and 52-16 against the Sharks. Furthermore, the Dragons have endured a nine-game losing streak without the presence of key player Ben Hunt, whose absence continues as he fulfils his duties in the Queensland Origin team.

Considering the contrasting form and circumstances of both teams, the Raiders have a prime opportunity to make a resounding statement against a Dragons side that appears to have already lost hope for the remainder of the season.

Illawarra Dragons Performance

The St. George Illawarra Dragons endured their fourth loss in the last five matches, suffering another significant defeat in their most recent encounter against the Cronulla Sharks. Their defensive struggles were evident as they conceded 52 points in that game, bringing their total points conceded to a staggering 100 in their last two outings. Unfortunately for the Dragons, their challenges may intensify in the upcoming match due to the absence of Ben Hunt, who is on Origin duty, and the injury to Tyrell Sloan, leading to Paul Turner's inclusion in the lineup as the fullback.

Canberra Raiders Performance

The Canberra Raiders secured a crucial victory against the Gold Coast Titans, marking their fourth win in the last five games. This recent success has brought them within striking distance of the top four in the highly competitive ladder. With only two points separating the top five teams, the Raiders find themselves in contention for the top spot. However, they will face a challenge in their bid to improve their recent record as they will be without the services of Corey Horsburgh, who is set to make his debut for Queensland in the following week.

πŸ“‹ Players to watch:

  • Jordan Rapana has successfully found the try zone in each of his previous three encounters against teams positioned in the lower quartile of the competition.
  • Albert Hopoate, showcasing remarkable prowess, has managed to breach the opposition's defence on six separate occasions during his past seven appearances.
  • Within the last four games, Mikaele Ravalawa, a formidable force on the field, has expertly executed try-scoring manoeuvres in three of those fixtures.

⚑ Match Facts:

  • The Dragons have struggled to meet the expectations set by the +11.5 point spread in four out of their last five losses.
  • The Raiders have displayed an impressive record, emerging victorious in nine of their previous eleven matches.
  • In head-to-head encounters, the Raiders have prevailed in six out of the last eight meetings with the Dragons.
  • The Dragons' defence has faltered significantly, conceding a total of 100 points over the course of the past two weeks.
  • In their three recent games, the Dragons have witnessed a combined score of 66 points or higher.

πŸ’‘ Match Prediction:

According to the prediction, there is a 57.1% probability of the Dragons emerging victorious, while the Raiders have a 42.9% chance of winning. The fair odds for this match are estimated at Dragons $1.75 and Raiders $2.33.

The forecast indicates that the Dragons are expected to secure a narrow victory with a margin of 4 points.

Bookie Home Win Match Line Away Win Take Action
@ 1.90
+11.5 / -11.5
@ 1.90 BET NOW
@ 1.90
+10.5 / -10.5
@ 1.90 BET NOW
@ 1.88
+11.5 / -11.5
@ 1.89 BET NOW

What’s gambling really costing you? Call for gambling help on 1800 858 858 For online support please visit:

Bookies Australia

What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!

Latest News and Blog Posts

EPL 11 Round 4 November 2023 Β» Fulham vs Manchester Utd

04 Nov 2023

Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >

Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 - 4 November Β» England vs Australia

04 Nov 2023

England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >

Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 - 1 November Β» New Zealand vs South Africa

01 Nov 2023

New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 28 October Β» New Zealand vs South Africa

27 Oct 2023

New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 27 October Β» Argentina vs England

27 Oct 2023

Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 7 October Β» Wales vs Georgia

07 Oct 2023

Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >