Canterbury Bulldogs vs Manly Sea Eagles Predictions and Betting Tips
🏈 NRL Round 26 Match Preview
⏰ 27 August 2023 - 14:00 AEST
🏟 Stadium - Accor Stadium
The Canterbury Bulldogs will play host to the Manly Sea Eagles in an entertaining National Rugby League match on Saturday 27 August 2023 at 2pm AEST.
AusBetSites has gathered odds for the game from 3 Australian betting agencies across 23 different betting markets. The bookies installed the visiting Sea Eagles as clear favourites at $1.40 to get the win over the Bulldogs.
Two teams who have had disappointing seasons will meet at Accor Stadium on Sunday when the Bulldogs take on the Sea Eagles.
Both sides have won the same number of games as last year, but sit lower on the ladder in 2022. The Bulldogs have now missed finals for seven straight seasons, while the Sea Eagles' hopes evaporated in recent weeks.
The Bulldogs' defence has been woeful - they've leaked the most points, line breaks and tries. They've conceded 34+ in each of their last seven losses.
Manly have shown grit in narrow defeats to Penrith and the Warriors, but their finals dream is over.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs Manly Sea Eagles Head-to-Head
Over the past 8 years, the Manly Sea Eagles have dominated their rivalry with the Canterbury Bulldogs. In the 13 games played between the two clubs since 2015, Manly has claimed victory in 9 of those contests compared to just 4 wins for Canterbury. The head-to-head record is lopsided, with the Sea Eagles establishing a clear edge over the Bulldogs in recent seasons. Notably, none of the last 13 meetings between these sides has ended in a draw, with decisive results in every matchup. Manly will enter the upcoming game boasting a strong historical advantage, having won over twice as many of the recent encounters. However, the Bulldogs will be keen to buck this trend and score a much-needed result against their more successful rivals. With bragging rights and competition points on the line, expect a fierce battle when these two foes meet again.
Canterbury Bulldogs Performance
🟥🟥🟩🟥🟥 The Canterbury Bulldogs have struggled to find form in their last 5 games, managing just 1 win against 4 losses. Out of their most recent matches, they were only able to secure victory in 20% of contests, while being defeated in the other 80%. This shows the Bulldogs have lacked consistency lately, with most games ending in disappointment for the team and its fans. The sole win proves the Bulldogs are still capable of success. However, they will need to improve dramatically if they hope to increase their number of positive results. While their recent record is discouraging, the Bulldogs have shown glimpses of potential through their one triumph. The team cannot afford to lose hope and must continue to fight during this difficult stretch if they want to turn their fortunes around. With some hard work on the training paddock, the Bulldogs will look to translate their sporadic strong performances into more regular victories.
Manly Sea Eagles Performance
🟥🟥🟥🟩🟩 The Manly Sea Eagles have had mixed results in their last 5 games, managing 2 wins against 3 losses. Out of their most recent matches, they were victorious 40% of the time, while being defeated on the other 60% of occasions. This indicates the Sea Eagles have struggled to find consistency lately, alternating between wins and losses during this stretch. However, the 2 triumphs they achieved prove the team can still succeed on any given day. To improve their form, Manly will need to find a way to string together more positive results in upcoming games. While their recent record is not ideal, the Sea Eagles have shown through their 2 wins that they have the talent to compete with and beat quality opposition. The team will need to regain their confidence and belief if they are to translate these sporadic strong performances into greater consistency moving forward. With some hard work at training and refinement of their game plan, the Sea Eagles will look to get back to their winning ways.
📋 Players to watch:
- Josh Addo-Carr has scored 21 tries in 20 games at Accor Stadium.
- Jason Saab bagged a hat-trick last week and has scored in 3 of his last 4 vs the Bulldogs.
- Bulldogs centre Tolutau Koula has crossed for tries in 4 of his last 5 matches against bottom four sides.
⚡ Match Facts:
- Manly has dominated the rivalry, winning 9 of the last 13 meetings between these teams.
- The Sea Eagles have been the better-performing team lately, with 2 wins from their last 5 games compared to just 1 win for the Bulldogs from their last 5.
- Manly sit higher on the ladder at 12th with a 9-12 record, while Canterbury are down in 15th with a 7-15 record.
- With home-field advantage, strong historical success against this opponent, and better current form, conditions favour Manly.
💡 Match Prediction:
The Canterbury Bulldogs and Manly Sea Eagles are gearing up for an intriguing clash between these historic rivals. Based on recent statistics and trends, the Sea Eagles have emerged as heavy favourites. The probability of a Manly win sits at 70.2%, compared to just 29.8% for the Bulldogs. This translates to fair odds of $3.36 for an upset Canterbury victory, while Manly is at short odds of $1.42.
The forecast indicates the Sea Eagles will claim the match by 10 points. While Manly has the advantage, the Bulldogs have proven they can beat their arch-rivals, meaning they can't be counted out completely. However, the metrics point to a likely Manly win, given their strong head-to-head record and superior form. The Sea Eagles will look to continue their dominance, but expect the Bulldogs to put up a fierce fight.
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Score Prediction: 16-28 or Sea Eagles to win by 10 points
What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!
Latest News and Blog Posts
Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >
England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >
New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >
Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >
Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >