Betting Sites Australia
17 Aug 2023 / admin

Adelaide Crows vs Sydney Swans Predictions and Betting Tips

๐Ÿˆ AFL Round 23 Match Preview

โฐ 19 August 2023 - 19:40 AEST

๐ŸŸ Stadium - Adelaide Oval

AFL fans are in for a treat this Saturday 19 August when the Adelaide Crows take on the Sydney Swans at 19:40 AEST.

The clash at Adelaide Oval between these two sides promises exciting footy action. According to AusBetSites, the Crows are favoured by the Aussie bookies to claim the win at odds of $1.38 across 32 betting markets.

With insights from 45 different bookmakers, AusBetSites provides extensive odds and analysis on this blockbuster AFL matchup. It shapes as a pivotal game for both teams as they look to improve their position on the ladder in the back half of the season.

Adelaide Crows vs Sydney Swans Head-to-Head

The recent head-to-head record between Adelaide and Sydney shows the Swans have had the wood over the Crows. In the last 3 years, these sides have met just twice, with Sydney winning both of those contests. The Swans will be looking to continue their current dominance over Adelaide when they meet again this weekend. The Crows have not managed to beat Sydney in their past two matchups and will be hungry to reverse that result on their home turf. Securing a win against the Swans has proven difficult for Adelaide recently. However, playing at Adelaide Oval in front of their passionate fans, they will be eager to snap their winless run against their interstate rivals Sydney.

Adelaide Crows Performance

๐ŸŸฅ๐ŸŸฅ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฅ The Adelaide Crows come into this match looking to bounce back after a tough month. Adelaide has won just 2 of their last 5 games, with 3 losses over that period. Despite possessing a talented list, the Crows have struggled to put together consistent four quarter performances. Their form has been patchy on both sides of the ball. Playing at home this weekend, Adelaide will be determined to find their best form again and get their season back on track. A win over the in-form Swans would give the Crows a massive confidence boost.

Sydney Swans Performance

๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ In contrast, the Sydney Swans are flying high at the moment with 5 consecutive wins. The Swans have found their groove in recent weeks, with strong showings in both attack and defense. Key players like Buddy Franklin have been dominating up forward while the Swans' backline has held up well under pressure. With momentum behind them, Sydney will look to keep their winning streak going in a tricky away trip to Adelaide. The Swans know they can't afford to drop their intensity against the hungry Crows.

The Crows and Swans come into this clash after contrasting Round 22 results. Adelaide suffered another narrow loss against a top-4 side, going down to Brisbane by 6 points. Meanwhile, Sydney accounted for Gold Coast by 24 points to continue their stunning rise up the ladder.

The Crows remain an outside chance of sneaking into finals in 12th spot. But the Swans have been big movers, now sitting 7th after winning 5 straight. They have climbed from 15th after Round 17.

Key Swans include prolific ball-winners Chad Warner and Errol Gulden, plus running half-back Nick Blakey. Without the retired Lance Franklin up forward, Will Hayward and Logan McDonald have stepped up, combining for 7 goals last week.

Adelaide boasts the AFL's top scoring attack in 2023. Shane McAdam kicked 4 majors last week, while Taylor Walker booted 2. Walker has 65 goals for the season, second only to Carlton's Charlie Curnow. The Crows will look to leverage their strong home record, having won 9 of their last 11 at Adelaide Oval.

๐Ÿ“‹ Players to watch:

  • Chad Warner has racked up 20+ disposals in his last 3 games
  • Rory Laird has averaged 27 touches over his past 3 matches against the Swans
  • Matt Crouch has collected 30+ disposals in his last 3 outings
  • Taylor Walker has booted 12 goals in his previous 4 games against Sydney
  • Isaac Heeney has kicked 9 majors in his last 4 matches versus the Crows
  • Shane McAdam has bagged 7 goals in the past fortnight

โšก Match Facts:

  • Sydney has won its past 3 matches against Adelaide, including a victory at Adelaide Oval.
  • The Crows sit 12th on the ladder with 10 wins while the Swans are 7th with 11 wins and a draw.
  • Adelaide has the #1 ranked attack this AFL season, with Sydney coming in at #7 for scores.

These points show Sydney has had recent success against the Crows, proving they can win at the Adelaide Oval too. The Swans' superior ladder position also demonstrates their improved form. However, Adelaide boasts the top-scoring offense in 2023. With finals hopes on the line for the Swans, they will need to contain the Crows' potent forward line on the road.

๐Ÿ’ก Match Prediction:

The forecast expects Adelaide to have a strong performance given their home-ground advantage against Sydney. Predicting 21 goals reflects Adelaide's capable offense playing in familiar conditions. Meanwhile, Sydney may find it tougher to generate high scores away from home, so 15 goals seems reasonable. The 42-point winning margin in favor of the Crows fits with the prediction of Adelaide winning by 15+ points over the Swans. This projected scoreline shows Adelaide taking advantage of their home deck to beat Sydney, while still allowing the Swans to put up a respectable score as they look to stay in the contest.

Despite Sydney's strong current form, Adelaide is favoured to win at home this Saturday. The Crows were given a 64.4% chance of victory, with the Swans at 35.6%. The fair odds also point towards Adelaide at $1.55, while Sydney are outsiders at $2.81.

Given Adelaide's advantage playing in front of home fans, the forecast predicts they will beat the Swans by 15 points. The Crows will look to use the Adelaide Oval conditions to their benefit, while Sydney may struggle to produce their free-flowing game on the road. Adelaide has a strong record against the Swans at home, and will back themselves to continue that trend. However, Sydney's five-game winning streak shows they cannot be underestimated.

Adelaide Crows vs Sydney Swans Score Prediction: Crows 21.13 (139) - Swans 15.7 (97)

Bookies Australia

What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!

Latest News and Blog Posts

EPL 11 Round 4 November 2023 ยป Fulham vs Manchester Utd

04 Nov 2023

Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips โšฝ EPL Round 2 Match Preview โฐ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST ๐ŸŸ Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >

Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 - 4 November ยป England vs Australia

04 Nov 2023

England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips ๐Ÿ Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview โฐ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >

Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 - 1 November ยป New Zealand vs South Africa

01 Nov 2023

New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips ๐Ÿ Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview โฐ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST ๐ŸŸ Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 28 October ยป New Zealand vs South Africa

27 Oct 2023

New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips ๐Ÿˆ Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview โฐ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 โฐ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST ๐ŸŸ Stadium - Stade... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 27 October ยป Argentina vs England

27 Oct 2023

Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips ๐Ÿˆ Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview โฐ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 โฐ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST ๐ŸŸ Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 7 October ยป Wales vs Georgia

07 Oct 2023

Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips ๐Ÿˆ Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview โฐ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 โฐ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST ๐ŸŸ Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >