Betting Sites Australia
02 Sep 2023 / admin

Cronulla Sharks vs Canberra Raiders Predictions and Betting Tips

🏈 NRL Round 27 Match Preview

⏰ 3 September 2023 - 16:05 AEST

🏟 Stadium - PointsBet Stadium

Rugby League fans are in for an entertaining clash when the Cronulla Sharks take on the Canberra Raiders this Sunday 3rd of September, 2023 at 4:05pm AEST.

AusBetSites has aggregated odds for the Sharks vs Raiders match from 3 trusted Australian corporate bookmakers across 21 different betting markets. The consensus from bookmakers right now is that the Cronulla Sharks are favoured at home, placing odds of $1.27 for the Sharks to get the win over the Raiders.

Massive finals implications surround the last match of the regular season as the Sharks play host to the Raiders at PointsBet Stadium this Sunday arvo. The Sharks are looking to lock down a top six finish and a home final for next week, while the Raiders can also secure a home final with a win.

However, the Raiders could also miss the finals altogether if they lose and the Cowboys beat the Panthers and the Rabbitohs/Roosters win due to a poor points differential. Canberra have been well below their best in recent weeks, winning just two of their last six games – and they came against the lowly Bulldogs and Tigers.

The Raiders have also lost key forwards Josh Papalii and Corey Horsburgh for the season due to injury and suspension, so even if they scrape into the finals, they probably won't cause much damage. Cronulla meanwhile will want to regain some winning momentum after their three-game winning streak was snapped last week by the Knights. Nicho Hynes returns from injury here in a big boost to the Sharks' chances.

Cronulla Sharks vs Canberra Raiders Head-to-Head

The head-to-head statistics show that the Canberra Raiders have dominated their rivalry with the Cronulla Sharks over the past 8 years. In their 16 meetings across that period, the Raiders have managed 11 wins compared to just 5 victories for the Sharks, with no draws taking place. While the Sharks will look to reverse this recent trend, the Raiders' superior 11-5 head-to-head record demonstrates they have had the wood over their opponents in recent times. With the consistent success the Raiders have enjoyed against the Sharks, they will enter the upcoming match with plenty of confidence as they look to continue their strong run against a familiar foe.

Cronulla Sharks Performance

πŸŸ₯🟩🟩🟩πŸŸ₯ It's been a worrying string of losses for the Cronulla Sharks, with the team suffering 5 consecutive defeats in their last 5 games. Without a single win during this period, the Sharks have clearly lost their way and momentum. Low confidence from repeatedly losing will be impacting the players. To get back on track, they will need to take a hard look at where things are unraveling and focus on returning to their structures. Cutting out errors and improving their execution will be key. Their fans will be desperate for the team to turn it around to get their season back on course.

Canberra Raiders Performance

πŸŸ₯🟩πŸŸ₯🟩πŸŸ₯ Canberra Raiders are flying high on a 5-game winning roll. With such an extended run of success, the team is building plenty of self-belief and playing with freedom. All the players will be feeling positive and upbeat during this purple patch. Maintaining their current standards and not dropping their intensity levels will be crucial for continuing the victories. If they can keep their form going, the Raiders will take some stopping. Their supporters have good reason to be cheerful during this triumphant period for the team.

πŸ“‹ Players to watch:

  • Ronaldo Mulitalo has scored 11 tries in his last eight games at PointsBet Stadium
  • Jesse Ramien has scored a try in his last four games at PointsBet Stadium
  • Nick Cotric has scored a try in his last three games vs Sharks in Sydney

⚑ Match Facts:

  • Raiders have lost four of their last six games
  • Raiders haven’t beaten a team above them on ladder since April 8
  • Raiders have lost last five games vs top eight teams
  • Sharks have won five of their last seven home games

πŸ’‘ Match Prediction:

Despite their contrasting recent form, the oddsmakers are predicting the Cronulla Sharks will bounce back strongly against the Canberra Raiders. The Sharks have been installed as 86.7% favorites with tight odds of $1.15, while the Raiders are large outsiders at 13.3% probability and distant odds of $7.49.

This aligns with the forecast that the Sharks will break their 5-game losing streak by defeating the Raiders convincingly by 22 points. While the Raiders carry winning form into the clash, the market expects the Sharks class to shine through by capitalizing on home-ground advantage to overwhelm their opponents in an emphatic victory. A predicted scoreline of Sharks 32 - Raiders 10 reflects confidence that the Sharks will be far too good on the day.

Sharks vs Raiders Score Prediction: 32 - 10

Bookies Australia

What are you prepared to lose today?
Set a deposit limit!

Latest News and Blog Posts

EPL 11 Round 4 November 2023 Β» Fulham vs Manchester Utd

04 Nov 2023

Fulham vs Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips ⚽ EPL Round 2 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 22:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Fulham boss Marco Silva celebrated a n... read more >

Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 - 4 November Β» England vs Australia

04 Nov 2023

England vs Australia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 4 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST The Poms versus the Aussies - it was supposed to be one of the big ti... read more >

Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 - 1 November Β» New Zealand vs South Africa

01 Nov 2023

New Zealand vs South Africa Prediction and Betting Tips 🏏 Cricket ICC World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 1 November 2023 - 18:30 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Pune) ... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 28 October Β» New Zealand vs South Africa

27 Oct 2023

New Zealand vs South Africa Final Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Final Match Preview ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 29 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 27 October Β» Argentina vs England

27 Oct 2023

Argentina vs England Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 3rd Place Match Preview ⏰ 27 October 2023 - 20:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 28 October 2023 - 05:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de Franc... read more >

Rugby World Cup 2023 - 7 October Β» Wales vs Georgia

07 Oct 2023

Wales vs Georgia Prediction and Betting Tips 🏈 Rugby World Cup 2023 Match Preview ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 14:00 GMT +1 ⏰ 7 October 2023 - 23:00 AEST 🏟 Stadium - Stade de la Beaujoire (Nantes)... read more >